Monday, November 21, 2016

Well that was difficult.

    So I had a pretty hard time getting the blog up and running, but here I am. Let's see, what's going on? There were two earthquakes, one in Japan that caused a tsunami, and one in New Zealand that I guess did not. Donald Trump was elected President of the United states. Coincidence? I think not. 

     Thanksgiving is coming up and I have to crawl out of my anxiety ball to cook my OMG cookies and Holy Shit mashed potatoes for a night with people I barely speak to anymore. Thank God for wine, right?

    A little bit about me. 
I only sort of recently rediscovered my love for creation. I've always been a creator, but the last few decades have been pretty harsh on the Wolfe, so I stopped doing anything worth note. Only in the last few years have I picked the threads back up and started over, literally. I started with crochet, and when that clearly  wasn't enough it moved on to clay, paper mache, wood, wire, leather...I feel like I'm leaving things out but it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that creation is my Xanax, and if I'm not building or writing, I'm thinking about it.

    Also, I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia. Lupus is an autoimmune disease where white blood cells think that every part of your body is some kind of virus that it has to kill. My white blood cells are dumb as shit. They're like, "Halt intruder! Announce yourself!" And Skin is all like "Wtf White Blood Cells, it's just me, Skin. We've had this conversation like, a million times. How do you not remember this?" And then White Blood Cells are like, "I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but I don't know you. Other idiotic White Blood Cells, Attack!" Yeah. It's a lot like that, actually.

  Today my pleurisy is bad, it's like having a mild heart attack on the wrong side of my chest, like a spear. Or a smallish lionfish inside the cage of my ribs, and he's a little panicked cause what the hell? Why is he inside my ribs? Is the salinity right in there? Is it wet enough? Eek. He's a bit frightened so he's swimming around really fast but there's nowhere to go and so he keeps running into my lungs. Prickly little bastard.

    Enough of that. Lorenzo the undead vulture is eyeballing me...or eyesocketting me, whatever, and I think that means he wants me to tell you about my latest project. No, not the alternator I have to swap out tomorrow (Oh my freaking God, I hope that doesn't suck as much as I suspect it will), the awesome leather bag I'm making!

    I don't know how to throw pictures in here yet, but I will soon and when I figure it out I'll put it in, but it's cylindrical, purple and black, sort of rough. Might put some metallic wax on it, I do so love the metallic wax. I'm calling it the Wild Woman bag. Everything I do is 100% one of a kind, even to me. If I make a pattern or template I throw it in a file, but I've never made anything twice, so if anyone does ever buy anything from me (or rather, if I ever put anything up for sale because I can't bare to part with any of my creations...), you know you will have something that literally no one else in the world has, not even me. 

    Okay. Getting too tired, did too much today and the meds make-a me sleepy. Now that I have this blog fixed I'm going to own this thing. Flies and Honey.


No one pretends the way I do
It's so hard to hear the truth
You've got your reasons, so do I 
I like to dream, cause dreams don't lie

I'll play along, like nothing's wrong,
Baby I love you, but the moon is blue

Do you remember, we were young?
Imagination filled our lungs
Wolf, don't make a helpless move
You see me and I see you.
                -Wolf, Highly Suspect

No comments:

Post a Comment